- Structural Editing
- overall coherence of the text, development of the argument, evidentiary support
- Stylistic Editing
- consistency and clarity of writing, application of conventions of English academic writing while maintaining individual voice and expression. I am also familiar with Younging’s Elements of Indigenous Style
- Content Editing
- argument, clarity, consistency
- Copy Editing
- spelling, grammar, syntax, consistency, clarity
- Proof Reading
- finalizing page proofs before publication (can be combined with indexing)
- Technical editing
- notes, bibliographies, manuscript preparation
I do all work on computer using the track-changes and comments functions in MS Word or Apple Pages to ensure the integrity of the text.
I have worked on book manuscripts, journal editions, PhD dissertations, government reports, exhibition catalogues, and journal articles in art, art history, cultural studies, film, history, Indigenous studies, and photography, to name a few.
“Thank you so much for all your help this week. You are the editing god!”
“Once again I’m so appreciative of your knack for identifying what I aim to say versus what I actually say, and with your prompts to help me close the gap.”